Friday, June 29, 2012

Submerged book review


I was given this book by Bethany House Publishers to give my HONEST opinion in exchange for keeping this book, with no fee. 



Hmm . . . . I was expecting intrigue and romance, after all that's what it's genre is. But that's not exactly what it is. It wasn't the blood-rushing, heart-pounding story I was expecting. More like calm and a bit cheesy. 

The hero and heroine had a past, but I couldn't figure out if they were "just friends" or if they had dated? It was never really made clear. I never really connected with any of the characters, and there were some things that just didn't fit in a Christian books

I felt the book could have been more detailed. It was hard to picture anything that happened or any of the people. I had to make up an image in my head and just stick with that. 

The book was okay, but it won't end up on my favorites list. Let's end with this: 

I was excited when I read the back cover, and I was SURE it would be one of the most interesting books I've read yet. Not so. But, on the bright side, I do love the cover. The design team did great with this one!


I give this book 3.5 stars, and the cover 5. Thanks for reading!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Katelyn -- now following! :)
    I haven't read Submerged, but I've heard a lot about it and it's been on my reading list for a while. I thought the back cover sounded really intriguing, though I had read another review saying that the book wasn't as great as it had sounded. I'll take your review into consideration!

    And you are right...the cover is amazing!

    www.notebookfromtheheart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some people like some books better than others, so you never know. :) BTW, I followed your blog. It looks very interesting!!

      Delete
  2. Nice blog, I'm following you now!

    ReplyDelete