Thursday, June 7, 2012

"The Fiddler" by Beverly Lewis book review

The Fiddler



5 stars for the book. 5 stars for the cover. I do believe the design team went all out on this one. ;)

Alright, let's get down to the review:

It was a very good book. The flow of the words had me reading the book faster, almost against my will. I had no control over my eyes as they read each word. I couldn't turn the page fast enough.
     Amish books aren't really my favorite, but I do enjoy them at times. Beverly Lewis has always been one of my favorite Amish Fiction writers, as she writes in that flowing type of way. I know I've said "flow" and "flowing" a lot, but that is the only way to describe her writing. I loved the book, and enjoyed the ending. Can't wait to see what she has next.


Back of the book:

Amelia "Amy" DeVries, a 24-year-old violinist, is disillusioned with life and love after the collapse of her long-running romance. Weary of endless rehearsals and performances, Amy sets out on a road trip through the Pennsylvania mountains. She leaves her cell phone behind so life's demands can't intrude on her solitude. She doesn't know, nor care, where she will end up.

When her car breaks down deep in the mountains, Amy realizes the flaw in her "no cell phone" plan. She abandons her car and walks the winding roads, searching for help. Following the smell of woodsmoke and the sound of music, she finds a rustic log cabin. There she meets a young Amishman--and through him a community--that will change her life forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment