Monday, January 23, 2012

Interview with Sarah Holman!

* I judge the book by grammer, spelling, plot, and, well, everything that matters! I do not always agree with all religious standings, or Bible doctrines. Please keep that in mind.*


Today I am here with Sarah Holman, author of The Destiny of One. I have read very good reviews about the book, most of them rate it five stars. I, myself, have not read it. Well, let's skip to the interview now.


How old are you?
21


When did you start writing?When I was 11. I wanted write my own version of Robin Hood



When did you know you wanted to be an author?
When I finished my first book (I was 14) I new that I never wanted to stop writing. By the time I was 17 I was perusing writing as a possible career. By the time I was 18, I was writing full time.

The Destiny of One



What is your favorite character from The Destiny of One and why?That is easy. It has to be Maria Morris, my main character. She is my favorite because she is so much like me.



What inspired you to write The Destiny of One?
When I was 16 I watched my first science fiction movie, and loved it. However, I was disappointed to find how little Christian Sci-Fi there was. So, as a writer, I decided to write my own.




What was the hardest part in The Destiny of One to write?
The ending. Because it is the first book in a trilogy, I wanted to hook my readers for the next book but not make the reader go crazy. That was a hard balance




Who is your favorite author/book?
That is a hard question. I am an avid reader and like a wide range of books. My favorite author currently is Linda Chaikin. I like her wide variety of books and characters, her strong values, and her general writing style. My #1 book of 2011 was The Charity's Diary Series by Elisabeth Allen, so I will go with that as my favorite book





If you could pray for one thing, and get it, what would it be?
Another hard question. I think if I could have one wish granted, it would be that I would shine the light of God in all I do and say, all the time.

If you could be any character of any book, who would you be?
Elizabeth Bennett or Maria Morris.


If you could have dinner with any person, dead or alive, who would that be?
I would love to have dinner with Jesus. There is so much I would like to know about him.


Thanks for the interview, Sarah. I had a lot of fun. I hope and pray that you have a wonderful writing career! You all can find her on Facebook, and her blog.


5 comments:

  1. Nice interview! Christian Sci-Fi - now that would be cool :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Nick, thanks. I love doing these interviews. I have never read a Christian Sci-Fi, but seems pretty cool. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for doing this interview!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Sarah, thanks for letting me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun stuff! You would be Elizabeth Bennett, Sarah? Surprise! :)

    ReplyDelete